So my husband knocked dinner out of the park two nights ago. I was crossfitting as usual in the evening, and when I came home exhausted and gross, I walked into a house full of wonderful smells and music was playing. Is this heaven? Had I shuffled off this mortal coil post WOD? I didn’t do a THING related to dinner except eat it. (I did help clean up, I’m not a total diva). I promptly decreed that Rob have at least one night a week where he does it all, because he’s dang good at it! Original Recipe can be sourced here!
Here is what he did:
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1 cup almond meal (almond flour)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix together almond meal, paprika, garlic, cumin, cayenne, pepper, and salt
- Dredge each piece of chicken in egg and then coat with almond spice mixture
- Place on a broiler pan/wire rack perched on top of a cookie sheet
- Repeat with all chicken pieces
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden, flipping half way through the process
- Broil for 2-3 minutes near the end for extra crispness!
He decided to throw together a spinach salad to serve the chicken on. Tossed in some pecans and whipped up a home made Mustard Bacon Vinaigrette…I mean REALLY. Can this be my life always!?
Even though we decided to ritz it up healthy, these would be the PERFECT drunk food/”cheat” meal that you could pair with some sweet potato fries or even something naughtier (
Mac and Cheese?) Nope, won’t even go there.